AMD’s Threadripper 1920X is a CPU geared toward calm creators. To put it to a test, we’re building what we dub the Ultimate 1920×1080 PC, and we’re doing it live on YouTube. Tune in on Tuesday, Aug 29, during 10:00 a.m. PDT to build along with us (finished).
The initial step in any build is to figure out that tools we need and why. We’ve filmed a video covering all of those sum and more, including a live build date.
In further to a 1920X CPU, this build facilities an Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, a ideal powerhouse for after-hours, when we only wish to get your diversion on.
Check out all a parts:
- CPU: AMD Threadripper 1920X
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
- Motherboard: Gigabyte X399 Aorus Gaming 7
- Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2
- PSU: Corsair RM1000i
- RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB
- Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D full tower
- SSD: Samsung 960 Pro M.2 NVMe
- HDD: 10TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
Whew! We did a live build over during PCWorld’s YouTube on Tuesday, Aug 29, responding questions, perplexing not to screw up, and carrying a good time. Check out a saved video subsequent to see if we were means to successfully POST the PC!
Next up: we exam the build and see how it performs. Check behind subsequent week to see the final thoughts.