It’s May, and that means the window for locking down internships during tech companies is fast closing. In thoughtfulness of the 2017 recruiting season, Glassdoor took some time to analyze its anonymized salary data, producing a news of a highest-paying internships for 2017.
We went forward and pulled a tech companies from a list, and among vast tech companies, Facebook leads a container with an normal income of $8,000 per month for interns. Quickly converting that into a yearly income yields $96,000. It goes though saying, that figure is quite high.
One vital difficulty of tech association that is absent on Glassdoor’s list is startups. Companies like Dropbox and Snap notoriously compensate some of a top salaries in a industry. Glassdoor’s possess information indicates that these companies can offer monthly compensate of over $9,000 per month, that translates to $108,000 on a yearly basis.
Another thing to remember when looking during Glassdoor’s news is that not all interns are combined equal. It’s easy to suppose interns grabbing coffee and creation copies, though companies like Facebook offer internships to PhD students low into their theses on appurtenance training during Stanford. That kind of extraction commands a most aloft income than an undergraduate mechanism scholarship major. The pretension of “software engineering intern” mostly self selects for this, though it’s utterly probable that some of these numbers are arrogant by outliers.
Most of a companies that done a list are located in cities that have a high cost of living, like San Francisco and New York City. In some cases, interns can accept housing as partial of their complete package in further to other advantages that would pull a loyal value of their summer remuneration even higher.
- Facebook – Median Monthly Pay: $8,000
- Microsoft – Median Monthly Pay: $7,100
- Salesforce – Median Monthly Pay: $6,450
- Amazon – Median Monthly Pay: $6,400
- Apple – Median Monthly Pay: $6,400
- Bloomberg – Median Monthly Pay: $6,400
- Yelp – Median Monthly Pay: $6,400
- Yahoo – Median Monthly Pay: $6,080
- VMware – Median Monthly Pay: $6,080
- Google – Median Monthly Pay: $6,000
- Nvidia – Median Monthly Pay: $5,770
- Intuit – Median Monthly Pay: $5,440
- Juniper Networks – Median Monthly Pay: $5,440
- Workday – Median Monthly Pay: $5,440
- Adobe – Median Monthly Pay: $5,120
- MathWorks – Median Monthly Pay: $5,120
- Qualcomm – Median Monthly Pay: $5,040
Featured Image: Peter Dazeley/Getty Images