Microsoft is adding new focus formation and control functionality to Microsoft Teams, a chat-based Office 365 workspace, starting today, Jan 29.
Microsoft’s new ‘Slack competitor’ has softened dramatically given a preview, and new facilities are nearing regularly. Where it shines is threaded chat, easy video meetings and glorious formation with other Office 365 tools.
Officials are job a new additions “the biggest singular recover of new functionality given Teams launched final March.”
Here’s what’s new:
- Integration of apps and services from Office 365 apps like Excel, as good as name partners like Trello, InVision, and SurveyMonkey. Users can embody information directly from these apps in their conversations though carrying to embody screenshots or hyperlinks.
- A new Teams app Store that will concede users to find new Teams apps by name, category, or formation form (bots, tabs, connectors). Users can select to have apps aspect in Teams in their personal app views or specific channels. This app store isn’t a same as a Microsoft Store, though it will embody a same apps as are already in Microsoft AppSource business app store.
- A new Microsoft Graph-API-powered app called “Who,” that will concede users to hunt for people in their organizations by name or topic.
- New ability to query or authority apps from within a authority box. Commanding is now integrated with hunt and a hunt box is now during a tip of a screen.
- Addition of “slash commands,” or shortcuts, that users can form into a authority box for discerning navigation/actions like adding someone to a group or job a coworker.
These facilities are all starting to hurl out today, and Microsoft says they will be in users’ Teams clients “shortly.”