Have we beheld your iPhone – or iPad or iPod hold – crashing today? You’re not alone. And yes, it’s another weird, pointless iOS bug that’s to blame.
Forum user Eccanz describes a problem good over on a Apple support forum:
Woke adult this morning and my iPhone started to restart by itself. we can use it to make calls though issue, though apps and content messages have to be discerning Before it fast restarts to a black shade and a spinning star thing before it is excellent for another minute.
In a run-up to a crash, handsets are reported to feverishness adult noticeably.
The problem it seems is a bug in iOS 11 that causes processor use to spike to 100 percent when apps beget a notification. This causes a device to feverishness up, which, in turn, causes a reset.
Annoying. Fortunately, there’s a fix. And it comes in a form of iOS 11.2. And Apple seems to have already documented this on a support site:
If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod hold suddenly restarts
If your device with iOS 11 suddenly restarts regularly on or after Dec 2, 2017, learn what to do.
Use these stairs to spin off notifications for all a apps on your device, afterwards refurbish your device to iOS 11.2:
1. Tap Settings Notifications.
2. Tap an app, afterwards spin off Allow Notifications. Repeat this step for any app.
4. After updating, daub Settings Notifications and spin Allow Notifications on again for any app.
If you’re incompetent to refurbish or still have issues after a update, contact Apple Support.
Published Date: Dec 2, 2017
If you’re meddlesome in meaningful some-more about this problem, this post on Reddit is a good read. If we only wish a problem fixed, follow a stairs summarized above.
- Everything we need to know about charging your iPhone X or iPhone 8
- Can we blow adult your iPhone X/8 by fixation it on a wireless horse pad while it’s charging with a cable?
- The Apple Watch 3 is overwhelming
- USB-C is a sum dumpster glow since we wish it to do too many too fast
- The iPhone 8’s best underline is one that many people will never get to use