Change these iOS 11 privacy and security settings now
iOS 11 problems got you down ? Maybe iOS 11.0.2 is what you need.
Must read: iOS 11 battery life is terrible
Apple has released the second update to iOS 11 since its release Sept. 19, and according to the release notes, it addresses the following issues:
- Fixes an issue where crackling sounds may occur during calls for a small number of iPhone 8 and 8 Plus devices
- Addresses an issue that could cause some photos to become hidden
- Fixes an issue where attachments in S/MIME encrypted emails would not open
Since there’s no mention of performance or batter-related fixes, it’s likely that these issues will have to wait for iOS 11.1, which is currently available for beta testers.
To download the update, go Settings General Software Update (the preferred way, and is about 300MB) or connect your iPhone to a computer running iTunes and then carry out the update (this is slower and downloads the entire iOS 11.0.2 package, which is several gigabytes, as opposed to just the smaller update).
- What’s it like using the world’s fastest smartphone?
- iOS 11.0.1 update causes havoc for some iPhone and iPad users
- iPhone 8 off to a slow start
- iOS essential skills everyone should know
- Why I’m skipping the iPhone X
- Inside Apple’s new A11 Bionic processor
- How to test chargers and power banks to make sure they don’t blow up your expensive smartphone