Lenovo has unveiled an array of new hardware, including laptops, 2-in-1s, and an Alexa-powered tablet dock.
Its new Yoga 920 is equipped with far-field technology — popularized by smart speakers like Amazon’s Echo — so Microsoft’s Cortana voice-activated intelligent assistant can recognize voice commands from up to 4m away. The high-end laptop packs a 13.9-inch, 4K IPS touchscreen with 5mm vertical bezels.
It also has an integrated fingerprint reader and Windows Hello for secure, instant biometric authentication.
The laptop features the Yoga range’s signature ‘watchband’ hinge, which allows it to be switched between stand, tablet and tent modes.
Lenovo Yoga 920 specs:
- Processor: Up to 8th Generation Intel Core i7
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home
- Graphics: Intel Integrated
- Camera: 720p HD Fixed-Focus CMOS Camera with Far-Field Microphones
- Memory: 8GB DDR4/12GB DDR4/16GB DDR4
- Storage: 256GB/512GB/1TB GB SATA SSD
- Battery: UHD Up to 10.8 Hours
- FHD: Up to 15.5 Hours
- Display: 13.9-inch UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS Touchscreen / 13.9-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Touchscreen
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 323 x 223.5 x 13.95mm
- Weight: Starting at 3.02lbs (1.37kg)
- Connectivity: 2 x 2 Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.1
- Connectors: 2 x USB Type-C (2 x Thunderbolt, PD, DisplayPort, USB 3.0 full function)1 x USB 3.0 (Always-On Charging), audio jack
Lenovo also showed off its Home Assistant Pack, and its Lenovo Miix 520 Windows 10 2-in-1 detachable. The Home Assistant Pack is a docking station that turns any tablet in its Tab 4 series — including the Lenovo Tab 4 8, Lenovo Tab 4 10, Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus, and Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus — into a voice-activated smart assistant with a screen.
Visual information can be shared onscreen alongside responses from the smart assistant. The Home Assistant Pack has two 3W speakers, and far-field detection that can recognize a voice from up to 3m in any direction using two built-in mics, and weighs 300g. Lenovo said pricing for the Home Assistant Pack will start at $79.99 and it will go on sale next month.
The Miix 520 detachable tablet PC has a 12.2-inch full HD screen and also features far-field microphones.
Lenovo said it will use AI in its products heavily and outlined a few concepts including a digital assistant, augmented reality gear, and smart clothing.
The company’s first quarter results highlight data center growth outside of China. Lenovo’s PC and mobile units struggled.
IT, HR and facilities are all in on the smart office effort, but so far we’ve gone open floor plan and nifty furniture, but much of office tech remains legacy. Lenovo starts sketching out a move.
More on 2-in-1s
- Dell Latitude 5285 2-in-1 review: A business-class Surface Pro clone with a clever kickstand
- Lenovo’s Yoga 720 is an above average 2-in-1 at a below average price
- Panasonic Toughbook CF-33 review: A no-compromise, fully-rugged 2-in-1 detachable laptop
- Windows 10: Acer’s silent Switch 5 2-in-1 is stalking Microsoft’s Surface Pro 4
- Lenovo’s $299 Android laptop 2-in-1 to challenge Windows PCs and Chromebooks (TechRepublic)
- Best Touchscreen and Hybrid Laptops of 2017 (CNET)