Google’s Dec confidence circular for Pixel and Nexus smartphones lists 42 vulnerabilities that are to be patched in an update.
“All upheld Google inclination will accept an refurbish to a 2017-12-05 patch level. We inspire all business to accept these updates to their devices,” Google said.
These vulnerabilities are in further to a bugs listed in Google’s Dec 2017 Android confidence bulletin. Google records that a hardware partners were told of these issues during slightest a month ago “and might select to incorporate them as partial of their device updates”.
Of a Nexus and Pixel-specific bugs, 5 are listed in a media framework, varying between high and assuage criticality, and featuring betterment of payoff and information avowal risks.
There is one bug in Broadcom components that’s also associated to betterment of privilege, 9 heart bugs that engage betterment of payoff and information avowal (one is high, a rest are moderate), and one MediaTek-related flaw.
There are also 26 Qualcomm bugs (all moderate) and 4 some-more in closed-source components — 3 assuage and one critical.
Google’s Android confidence circular for December warns of 47 bugs: 10 of a vulnerabilities are rated ‘critical’ in their intensity impact — the many serious form of bugs; a other 37 are rated as ‘high’ priority.
Previous and associated coverage
Android’s fast expansion and refurbish hurdles have left over one billion inclination using really out of date software.
Attacks on 3 fronts safeguard enemy have all a information they need to take banking sum in a latest expansion of a Marcher malware, advise researchers.
Google names many renouned and best Android apps of a year.
Read some-more on Android confidence
- Google names 42 Android inclination with users using confidence updates from final dual months
- Android Oreo: Google adds in some-more Linux heart confidence features
- Google Play Protect rolling out to Android inclination for improved security
- Amazon’s app store compromises Android security
- Most Android users using old-fashioned confidence patches: report (CNET)
- iOS and Android security: A timeline of a highlights and a lowlights (TechRepublic)